[pct-l] News links

An FYI that can help those who want to read the
various links posted on this (and other)
lists/forums..

Many news sites require you to register. Besides being
a pain, it gives you much spam!

To avoid this problem there are two soultions.

1) The first solution is th easiest. Go to
http://www.bugmenot.com/  Enter the URL (e.g
www.nytimes.com) and a valid username and password
will appear for the site. Over 46000 sites can be
accessed this way. Including the Venture County Star
:).  Most browsers will let you save your name and
password. Volia! You can browse the sight and not get
a ton o spam. NAturally, if you use a different
computer you will have to log in again.

2) As good as bugmetnot.com is, the site will
sometimes have e-mail addresses that do not work for
whatever reason. That is where mailinator.com comes
in. It is down temp. :(, but it should be back up
soon.  This site will create "throw-away" addresses
just for the purpose of getting registration info one
time.  A "dump account" on Hotmail or Yahoo works well
for that too (but does require you to sign up and add
some info. Mailinator and similar sites DO NOT).

Anyway, just a tip to read newslinks without getting
lots of spam!

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com