[pct-l] Cooper Cyn. in Sec. D

On Dec 31, 2004, at 12:12 AM, Judson Brown wrote:
> I'm planning for a future trip in section D, and I noticed a
> discrepancy
> between the description of the trail and what's shown on the map.
> Specifically, between Cooper Cyn. Trail Campground and Cloudburst
> Summit.
> Can anyone shed some light on this? What's right, the map, or the
> description?

I remember being puzzled in this section last year.  The actual trail
takes a long winding, round-about path from the campground to Cloudburst
summit.  I don't have a guide book in front of me so I don't know if the
map or the text was the long, winding route.  The shorter route is along
a jeep road as I remember.