[pct-l] Willamette Pass area

Bob

I found Shelter Cove rather nice, perhaps the owner may indulge in spirits  a
little to much. We had a bunch of thru hiker there and the owner joined  in
and had we had a good time. I understand that the UPS or FedEx driver will
bend over backwards to help us backpackers.

Lonetrail

Someone  not long ago suggested not using Shelter Cove Resort, but instead
hitching  east 7 miles from Willamette Pass on Hwy 58 to the little town of
Crescent  Lake Junction, with minimal but nice amenities.  Having used
Shelter  Cove Resort last time - with definite mixed feelings - it sounded
good to  me.

However, yesterday I called the Postmaster at Crescent Lake  Junction and she
immediately said she did NOT want PCT-ers to use her PO as  a mail drop.  The
PO is a single room 8' x 10', she said, and she  could not handle the
packages.  She said hiker packages get routinely  sent on to Shelter Cove
Resort.    FYI.

Bob