[pct-l] training

I appreciate and respect what everyone says on this subject. You are more experienced than I. Well, that is the assumption.
I'm not a total novice, but close. I have hiked/walked, probably as much as 8-10 hours in a day, maybe that for 3-4 days in a row, so, that's probably 16-20 or 24-30 miles; the formula there is 2 mph or 3 mph. I don't know my exact speed.

In training I'm thinking "just do it". If you have higher expectations than you can meet no big deal, you can always rest when you get tired.

Another idea is doubling distance each day/time, of course until doubling becomes impossible, or add a mile each day/time.

Add anything you think I need to know.Please feel free to ad anything you think I need to know.

Kraig