[pct-l] Lightest slimest altimeter watch?

Hi Monty,

I can't speak for the Helix altimeter, but for the same name depth watch.
(I advertised it here a while ago.) It came with a very "hip" booklet. I
used it exactly 4 times, twice while diving. The last time was more like
swimming, I never went deeper than 8 feet and it died. The Timex made the
impression that it is a toy, not an instrument. I've been swimming with my
Suunto Altimax many times. It is not designed for diving, but it works
according to specs.

If you don't need a compass, REI has the Altimax on sale:
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&catalogId=40000008001&storeId=8001&partNumber=714262&memberId=-2000&link=1&cm_ven=ad_Yahoo&cm_ite=datafeed&source=9089&cm_pla=na&cm_cat=datafeed
http://www.backcountry.com/store/SUN0008/Suunto-Altimax-Sport-Watch.html?mv_pc=r126&CP=Froogle&CMP=SPC-Froogle&ATT=122504

Botach Tactical (anybody used this shop?) has the Vector even cheaper:
http://store.botachtactical.com/suuntovector.html

Ilja.