[pct-l] Lightest slimest altimeter watch?

When I saw the Helix allegedly on sale in the  Campmor catalog, I thought
about it, then emailed Timex: How does the watch give  an accurate temp when it's
strapped to 98.6 skin?
Ah, one has to take it off and give it 5 minutes to adjust. I ordered one.
Well, it doesn't take 5; it took 15 minutes when I set it on my kitchen
counter, every time. I try to keep my hiking breaks to 10 minutes; STRIKE  1; I'll
stick with my Taylor thermometer.
    STRIKE  2; it's big. I'm a little guy  with skinny wrists; it looked and
somewhat felt like I had a training weight on  my wrist.
    Altitude info would be nice; I've never kept it  before; and I understood
it was a bit dependent on barometric pressure,  requiring frequent resets. I
have a 4480 contour line running down the street  beside my house; I'd set the
Helix to 4480, push in the set/reset stem, and  it jumped 10-30 feet off
every time. That didn't seem right; STRIKE 3; it and a  copy of the Timex email
went back to Campmor, who refunded my $ of course.
    I guess I'll have to wait a few more years to get  everything I want in
my Dick Tracy watch. Those of you who don't know D T, ask  your father or
grandfather.

Your decision, of course,
Bob
Big  Bend Desert Denizen
(Naturalized Citizen, Republic of  Texas)