From: Karen Borski <kborski@yahoo.com>
Sent: Dec 21, 2004 2:55 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] dogs

A dog did hike most of the PCT from Campo this year.
The owner, however, revolved her ENTIRE hike around
the dog's needs.  They hiked most of southern
California entirely at night and in the early morning
hours.  They slept all day long.  Not many other
hikers ever saw them.

The owner skipped large chunks of the trail where dogs
are not allowed and when the dog needed a break.

It's possible to hike most of the PCT with a dog --
but the only responsible thing to do would be to
follow the above example.