[pct-l] April Kickoff and Gear Fair

hmmm..I don't think it is a "policy" per se, Swtichback, that Strider is
stating; but much more a heartfelt philosophy and deep (emotional and
intellectutal) respect for the Hike-To-Come.

One is prepared at Kickoff to hike, and is enjoying the camaraderie
of The Gathering. One gets gear at REI or elsewhere not at a Kickoff.

Richard

PS-

Caps are use to denote a deep pride and synergy of those about to
go forth on the Trail from those been there and compatriots of the day.

At 05:34 PM 12/14/2004 -0500, Hiker97@aol.com wrote:
>Sounds fine with me.  May be the policy will change sometime in the future.
Until then.  Switchback