[pct-l] dogs on the trail

I want to echo what has already been said.  Dogs are allowed most of the way, but in my opinion, you shouldn't take them.  I say this from personal experience.  My dogs paws were decimated by the gravel on the trail. When a dog is injured how do you get it out?  We had to carry it out on a stretcher, it ruined the hike, it cost me a huge amount of money in vet bills and it made me question my own common sense and judgement.

It is too hard for most dogs.  If you do it you need to look at their paws every 15 or so minutes and if their paws are damaged, now what do you do?  go back? go forward?  you are stuck.

Stan