[pct-l] RE:Completion Stats.

Hello Greg;
 And anyone else who is keeping track of people who completed the PCT in
prior years.  If not already on the Stats I would like to add these two
people.  Jeff is like our other son and has been around my house since he
was about 15 years old. I think it is mandated that he turn up for
Thanksgiving and Christmas, he also lives here in the Sun Valley - Wood
River Valley area.

Jeff Smull
Rex Noffsinger

Start Date May 31, 1979 Campo CA
                 Oct 5, 1979  Crystal Mtn WA
                 Oct 7,  1979  Manning Park Canada
                 Oct 20, 1979 Crystal Mtn WA
They were picked up at Crystal Mtn and driven to Manning park and then they
hiked south to Crystal Mtn. this was to try and beat the heavy snows in the
North Cascades.

Rex Started 18 years of age finished at 19
Jeff 19 years old.
Both Rex and I got of high school two weeks early and did not attend our
graduations. Twenty seven food drops. Averaged about 24 miles a day. Good
weather the entire trip, except for the last week, winter blizzard. As far
as I know one other group finished in 79, the "Crustie Crusters" A life
altering adventure for two 19 year old kids. Let me know if you want
anything else. Jeff

Thanks,
Marge   [The Old Gal]
http://www.prothman.org/marge