[pct-l] keeping your bag dry

I was ridiculously lucky and only got rained on 4
times on my PCT thru-hike this year, so it was pretty
easy to keep my down bag dry.  Now I'm planning to
hike the coast from San Francisco to Oregon over
Christmas break, and I'm pretty sure I'll get rained
on A LOT.  I was kind of hoping I could bum a
reasonably light synthetic bag off a friend so I
wouldn't have to worry about it so much, but that
hasn't worked out, so does anybody have any
ideas/advice to share on keeping down bags
dry/yourself warm if that fails?  In general I use a
tent, and I'll be using a go-lite umbrella, patagonia
rain jacket, and trash bags inside my pack.

thanks,
Garret (the Onion) Christensen