[BULK] - Re: [pct-l] dogs

I've nighthiked a lot.  You'd be surprised at how much
you can see, especially scenic views...even with just
a little slice of the moon.  This year I was blessed
to see the Mojave stretching out before me, an endless
High Sierra mountain landscape, the Castle Crags, and
the beautiful Mt. Rainier by moonlight.  These are
sights I won't ever forget.

I also saw all kinds of wildlife in the quiet of the
night.  I rarely use a headlamp.

Some people simply prefer the solitude of the night.
I've heard there was a female thru-hiker in '03 who
hiked most of the PCT at night just for that reason.