[pct-l] Pacific Northwest Trail

Thanks for the info about the PNT.
 How long did it take Bernie to hike this trail? ("...hiking 25 to 35 miles a day easily..." is a sentence I would never use, so I should probebly double the time it took him).   Is there some way of contacting him directly via e-mail?

As for the so called "Triple Crown". I never liked this phrase and I try to avoid using it. I don't think that the C.D.T. sould be bound under the same title as the A.T. and the P.C.T..  It's completly differnt from the other two.  Not neccesrily more diffcult to thruhike, just different.  The A.T. and P.C.T. are generaly well defined and well marked trails which give you little or no freedom in routing your walk, in comperison to the C.D.T. which (for me) was more like a route I made as I walked, connecting some exiting trails.

I don't like the phrase "triple Crown" because implies that somehow, to be a true long distance hiker, one should have hiked all three trails. It makes No one should attempt hiking all three trails just so he or she could call themselfs triple crowners.