[pct-l] 4, 5, & 6? Crowns

I don't think a jewel in the crown would  necessarily have to be a National
Scenic Trail, but I agree with the long  distance. There are at least 2 other
eventual candidates.
    There's the Desert Trail, finished from the  Mexican border into OR, but
it'll be years before it's finished; it runs between  the PCT & CDT, but
closest to the PCT. There's the Great Western  Trail in the works, mostly
unfinished, west of the CDT and east of the Desert  Trail; it's intended to be at least
partly navigable by jeep, but will  probably be quite remote in places. It
may have a lot of options or loops as  part of it. The Arizona Trail apparently
is part of it, but the AZT is  also unfinished. Hell, I'd like to put together
a Texas Trail-could easily be  2,000+ miles long, but this state is 99.99%
private land.
    Most of you know about other long trails:   1. NCT-2,500 miles.  2.
PNT-1,250 miles.   3. ADT-5-6,000 miles?, but almost all roads as I recall.  4. FL
Trail-unfinished, but eventually 800 miles.  5. AZ Trail-unfinished, but
perhaps 800 miles.  6. The Hayduke Trail, basically finished at about 800  miles,
with a guidebook out soon.  7. Ice Age Trail-1,100 miles, all  in WI. Oh
well, your mileage may vary, and worst of all, your life may not be  long enough.

Bob
Big  Bend Desert Denizen
(Naturalized Citizen, Republic of  Texas)