[pct-l] stats

I have no idea of the youngest.  I would guess that its probably early
20's, perhaps late teens.

Also, a "fair number" in this case would still refer to a relatively
low number of people.  The last I heard, fewer people had thru-hiked
the PCT than summited Everest.  That may have changed by now as popular
as the PCT is these days, but it gives you a great idea of how few
people actually complete a PCT thru-hike (the AT is a different
story).  My SWAG (silly wild ass guess) on how many people have
completed a triple crown would be something like "less than 30
people".   ...and I wouldn't be surprised if it was as high as 100 or
as low as 15, but I guarantee you its not too many.  Even if its 200
people, that's still 0.0000033% of all the people on earth or 0.000057%
of people in the U.S.