[pct-l] bicycles

In a message dated 12/2/2004 4:33:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
kraig.mottar@verizon.net writes:

I still  fail to  see any good reason to prohibit non-motorized bicycles.
Aside  from demanding courtesy from riders.

I doubt unmotorized bicycles would  cause undue treadwear.

Kraig

Have you never been almost run over by unmotorized Mountain Bikers?   They
love speed and sliding around corners.  Look at the damage they do to  the trail.

I can understand their enjoyment and I wish them well on their  trails.

Note:  I think there are a few stretches of the PCT in Southern  California
that are dual use.  Bikes are allowed.  One, I think, is in  the Laguna
Mountains.

Chris