[pct-l] PCT 2004 Hikers, help please

On July 4th I spent the night on some huge boulders about 5 miles from Lake
Tahoe.  ( Got 4 different fireworks shows!)  On the morning of the  5th, in
the parking lot at Little Norway, just before Highway 50, I met a man in  a
truck who was doing support.

As I remember the story, he had been hiking and had to leave the trail and
so was cruising around supporting others.  He may have had a wife with  him.???

Saw him again in Sierra City.  Might have been from Chicago?

Does anyone have the story?

"No Way Ray"  Echols