[pct-l] RE: Clikstand Stove

I just wanted to mention an alcohol stove system from a small cottage
industry in San Jose California that I really like. I purchased a Clickstand
stove with Trangia burner and windscreen about a month ago directly from the
Clickstand Site.  I've already burned about 1/2 gallon of alcohol in it on
various day hikes and fooling around at home and continue to be impressed
with its performance. It's well made and fits together like a champ. Ultra
light fanatics will think it's too heavy at 6.7 oz. with the basic Trangia
burner, stand, and windscreen, but it is the most stable, wind resistant,
and fuel efficient alcohol stove I own.  You would really have to work to
knock the pot off this this thing, especially with the windscreen in place
which tends to hold the pot on the stove.  My pot won't fall off the stand
until I tip it up over 30 degrees.  It is also very wind resistant and uses
half the alocohol of my other stoves in a moderate wind.  I am not a novice
to alcohol stoves and have been using them for three years and have quite a
collection: several homemade cat stoves, an AntigravityGear stove, and a
Brasslite Turbo F. I think the Clickstand is worth considering if you're in
the market for an alcohol stove and your top priorities are stability, wind
resistance and fuel economy.  If you are interested, I recommend you get it
with the Trangia burner and the .9L Evernew pot as it is optimized for these
items and  works better with them.  See it at http://www.clikstand.com or
see the reviews at http://backpackgeartest.org (it's under Cook Gear, Cook
Sets)

John Coyle