[pct-l] Returning Home

This year I hitched, then took an Amtrack from Oregon to San Diego.  (Food
was very expensive.)  My girlfriend picked me up 60 miles from home.  My
original strategy was a combination of Bus, Train, and Plane.  Amtrack and
Greyhound are somehow affiliated. I think they do transfers or have each
other's schedules.  Not sure.  Greyhound didn'nt even know how to get to
the Modesto Airport.  United didn't know Amtrack or Greyhound.  Next year
my plan is a bus from Manning to an Airport.......I think..... Maybe I
should ask the same question?  Anyone have a better plan for Manning to San
Diego (Carlsbad)?