From: Hiker97@aol.com
Sent: Nov 28, 2004 11:47 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: dsaufley@sprynet.com, carolbruno@cox.net, Kam19340@aol.com
Subject: Section E Expedition

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#8080ff"><FONT  COLOR="#000040" BACK="#8080ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #8080ff" SIZE=3 PTSIZE=12 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>Well, my legs gave out on me right a way, even after training with the pack.? The other two had a much faster pace than me too.? I walk very slow anyway, so I probably do not make a good trail partner.? Solo is fine with me.? That's backpacking.? You never know.<BR>
<BR>
Of course, I have a new battle plan to get out there again in a month or two.? Some people never learn.? I figure if I walk 10 miles per trip, then in 2050 I will have the whole trail done.? Hey, at least it's a plan. <BR>
<BR>
The Hiker Heaven in Agua Dulce was outstanding.? Really an unusual place to just drop into.? Amazing hospitality and Jeff and Donna are role models for the rest of us. <BR>
<BR>
All and all I enjoyed the stormy weather hiking and to see another trail town.? Also, as it turns out there was a medical emergency on my wife's side of the family and it was good that I came off the trail.? A backpacker picked me up when I was hitchhiking down the road for about 20 minutes and took me directly the Hampton Inn near Hwy. 5 with the Outback Steakhouse next door (not a short drive by the way).? Nice.? Very nice.? Things just seem to workout. <BR>
<BR>
Happy trails, Switchback<BR>
<BR>
</B></FONT></HTML>