[pct-l] affording a thru-hike

--- Tom <weir@turbonet.com> wrote:

> You just
> have to decide what is important to you. Then, how
> you afford a thru-hike is
> clear.  If it is your dream, how can you afford not
> to do it?

So true. Add that to the quote list!

When I was ready to thru-hike the AT, I told my boss
that I was going, whether they wanted to keep me or
not, and they ended up giving me a leave of absence.
It was sort of a nice "perk," since I'd been fully
prepared to quit if I had to. The job I have now is
definitely a "job" and not a "career," so I won't feel
too bad about leaving it when the time comes.

See you in 2006! Less than a year and a half to go!

:-)

Waterfall
http://asortofnotebook.blogspot.com