[pct-l] PCT-L wiki

Hi Steve,

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Steve Sergeant wrote:

> 1. Are you offering the technical effort to set this up?
> 2. Are you offering the hosting or bandwidth?

I run my own wiki for private notes and I have quite a bit of bandwith -
so I could. But this really is not the question. As Ryan and other replies
indicate, the technical side is not the big problem. Acceptance by users
is. What is such a place good for - if there is no critical mass of people
using it?

For this reason I would not want to fragment information sources (by
creating "my own" system), but try to augment existing ones. If everybody
on this list gets constantly reminded that there is not only an archive
but also a wiki on www.backcountry.net (I don't really understand why Ryan
would want to seperate it on www.traildata.com), then enough people might
use it to make it valuable.

Ilja.