[pct-l] Re: Re Westcoast Trail help

Also check out the Parks Canada website

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/bc/pacificrim/index_e.asp

This gives you the news that a permit to hike the trail is $90 Canadian
(about $75 US at current rates) per person.
This makes it a more expensive trail to hike than the PCT!!
When we spent 6 days hiking it in 1992 the cost was $25 Canadian per
person - that's inflation!
It is a very enjoyable trail to hike in good weather. We did it in late May
and only had 2 hours of rain. Don't be fooled by it not having much
elevation gain. The southern end with all the ladders, balancing across log
bridges, wet terrain and lots of tree roots make it a more strenuous hike
than you'd think.

Alistair