[BULK] - RE: [BULK] - [pct-l] Thoughts on Bear Spray

We met someone heading northbound up Glen pass this summer who had an
encounter with a bear the night before between Vidette meadow and
Forrester pass.  If I remember correctly he stored his food in his bear
cannister but kept some gorp next to him in his pack to snack on in case
he got hungry.  Sleeping under the stars that night he awoke to a bear
taking his pack.  He got his pack back, (but not his gorp), only after
being charged by the bear for trying to reclaim what he thought was his.

Apparently he hadn't heard that if the bear gets it, its his.

David
david@dalbey.org

:But seriously:
:As long as you're not hanging sausages outside your tent over your ice
:chest, you'd probably be fine.
:
:And as Eric mentioned, once the bear's got your food, it isn't yours
:anymore...
:
:I remember a post from this years thru-hikers that there was a
:couple of
:brave (?), or more accurately, desperate, girls who successfully
:deterred a bear off their food.
:
:I suppose if you're hungry and faced with a few days worth of hiking
:before resupply, you'll start to think strange thoughts of fighting
:bears for your food...
:
:
:
:M i c h a e l   S a e n z
:McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
:A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
:w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m
:
: