[pct-l] Re: Thoughts of Bear Spray

Forgive me for not answering each individual
e-mail on this subject, but it is obvious that
all who responded are unanimous in the notion
that the bear spray is unnecessary, so everyone
has basically corroborated what I already
suspected.  While I'm not freaked out by bears, I
still feel it wise to respect them on all levels
and agree with those who feel good backpacking
techniques far outweigh any reliance on a
self-defense gadget.  *Whew* that's one less
thing to take up space and weight.  Now if I
could only talk myself out of a bear canister. .
. oops, what?  I wasn't supposed to bring that
subject up!? ;-)

Shane