[pct-l] RE: Recommend Weather Instrument?

> Can anyone recommend a weather instrument under $200 that has temperature,
> wind speed, and altitude that is suitable for lightweight backpacking?

The only decent instrument I know which means your specs is the $159
Brunton APC Summit.  I has your requested temp, wind speed, altitude
weighting in at 1.7oz.  It also has some timing functions, is
waterproof (can measure water flow rates), calculates wind chill,
barometric pressure (in hPa,mb or Hg).  It can log all data at
specified interviews (as frequently as 1s... I typically do 15minutes)
and let you view trends.   Oh, it looks like Kestrel Instruments just
released their model 2500 which also has the features you are looking
for.

--mark