[pct-l] ultralight packs

I customized a Golite Breeze with a 2" belt.  Total weight 19 ozs.  Rated
at 20lbs......overated.  With belt 25+ well balanced and stayed in close on
my whole back.  Sholders very comfortable. I really loved it with a nine
pound base weight. Over 12???????? With Five day's food and desert
water.........No.    I had two side mesh pockets for easy access to my 20
oz water bottles.  Also, I had a large back pocket for maps...easy access
again.  This worked great for over 1000 miles this year.  I used a Vapor
Trail from Cabazon to Sonora Pass.  Neither pack holds a bear canister well
enough for me.  Loved the Vapor trail too under 30 lbs.

Warner Springs Monty