[pct-l] Boots

My footwear has evolved along with my packweight since
I started backpacking.

Started with traditional 25-30lbs base packweight
(oof!),
and lovely LL Bean Cresta Hikers. These boots were
beautiful. Well made, long lasting, leather boots.

After hiking the AT, started to switched to lighter
system.

By the time I did the PCT in 02, had transitioned to
trail shoes and a baseback weights of about ~12=13
lbs.

For my recent Colorado Trail thru-hikemy base
packeweight was sub 10 lbs and hiked it in Nike Air
Pegasuses. Same type of shoes I use for running.
(Something else I started since the PCT.)

So for three season backpacking, wear my sneakers.

As with Roy, I do wear Sorrels for snowshoeing/winter
backpacking. My winter backpacking is only
overnighters. I do snowshoe quite a bit during the
winter.

The only time I wear traditioanl hiking boots is
around town when it is colder out (I wear sandals as
much as I can!) or for trail work. These boots are
very comfy and make great around town shoes. :-)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com