[pct-l] Boots support

I used to have problems with twisting my ankle while hiking, but have not had any serious twisting since I started using two trekking poles.  I still trip a lot and turn my ankle but before any great weight is put on them my poles then come into play.  As I am bracing myself for the trip, I sometimes see one of the poles bend like a bow and I recover.  The poles also help reduce the pressure and weight when going downhill and aid me in climbing up steep hills.  I use two Leki Makalu Trekking poles and they weigh only 15.2 oz. with baskets.