[pct-l] Swollen feet

I have found that I did not get blisters when I wore running shoes (New Balance 805s) that were two sizes larger than my street shoes (eg. street size 11D NB size 13).  I replaced the insole with a Spenco liner and alternated wearing one pair of smart wool socks or two pairs of Costco thin street socks.  I did one PCT hike of 150 miles through the Goat Rocks area with occassional wet feet, and one PCT hike from Stehekin to Canada about 90 miles without getting blisters.  During the day I generally took off my shoes and socks and cleaned my feet in a nearby stream as well as aired out my socks, insoles and shoes about twice a day.  I averaged about 20 to 25 miles per day.

Hoov