[pct-l] BearVault failure BV200 reportedly failed.

Got back monday from a 10 day with Photo-Man. Had a great trip, did 75? miles, mostly cross country. Hopefully will post photos for you guys. But. To the point....

You may remmeber a previous post about the BearVault BV100 failor.
I talked to Ranger Roxian? In Kings Canyon and the BV200 repordadly has failed.
She thought that the BearVault "MAY" loose its certification next year. FYI.

-Mountain Goat-
www.geocities.com/pct_2005

The Mountain Goat <themtgoat@yahoo.com> wrote:
Mike and Amy are already back on the trail before I could get ahold of them. And repordedly won't be back into civilization for about a week. I have sent them your email address so they can respond to you. Guess that's all I can due for now.

-Mountain Goat-
Class of 2005.

P.S. They are doing California (Mexico to Oregon). I don't know if they are redueing the Yosemity-Sonora Pass section or not. My understanding is they had 2 bear cans. I assume if the bears got in 1, they probably got both of them. They aparently returned the cans to REI where they had bought them.

If I can be of any further help, please let me know.

Jamie Hogan <jahogan@san.rr.com> wrote:

Thanks Mountain Goat.  All information we have to date is the failures in Yosemite and Sequioa have all been the 2 piece lids. Nobody has information yet on the Kearsage Lake failure.

Jamie and Cindy

BearVault

Web:    www.bearvault.com

tel/fax:  866-301-3442