[pct-l] Repair kit for backpack ravaged by a bear?

Greetings from a backcountry panoramic photographer and occasional
PCT section hiker.

I am planning for a backpack trip in an area where there is a heavy
bear population.
I recall reading someone's PCT journal where a bear carried their pack off
and they ran after it and eventually got it to drop the pack.
Which brings me to my concern: a bear ripping open my pack because
there's the ghost of a food smell in there somewhere.

The question is: what do you think is a good repair kit for a Arcteryx pack
which has been opened by a bear? Has anyone had their pack damaged
by a bear? How did you patch it up?

     erik goetze
     http://www.virtualparks.org