[pct-l] Repair kit for backpack ravaged by a bear?

I routinely wrap 3 feet of FRESH duct tape around each trekking pole and
call it good for that year. Here's the contents of my 3 ounce repair kit
which I've carried the for past 12 years but rarely needed:

1@ 2-piece hipbelt buckle - see below
1@ 3 inch  heavy sewing needle - fits in dental floss case
1@ small bottle Crazy Glue
1@ 100 yds unwaxed dental floss in plastic case
3@ Platypus bladder repair patches
1@ bite valve for Platypus hoser system
1@ soda bottle screw-on cap - fits Platy bladders
1@ small mesh carrying bag

Before every trip I ask myself, other than sewing on a lost button or a tear
in my gear, what could go wrong that would devastate my hike? Then I adjust
the repair kit inventory to compensate for that.

Note the extra hipbelt buckle - both pieces! This thing is impossible to fix
in the field if it breaks, and I can't tie the belt tight enough to
effectively transfer the weight to my hips. I've needed this item only one
time, when my partner accidentally stepped on and broke his hipbelt buckle
as he reached over to pick up his pack on the 2nd day of a week-long trek.
Toilet paper is the only item I can think of that might bring a higher price
in the field. I got breakfast in bed for the rest of the trek - and prayed I
didn't repeat his mistake.

If I'm carrying any silnylon gear (pack, tarp, etc), I'll add a tube of
Silnet seam sealer so I can waterproof any repair I make since duct tape
won't work. When I used to carry a PUR Hiker water filter, I added the small
tube of silicon lubricant that comes with the replacement filter elements.
Before I switched to Photon lights, I'd carry any extra batteries and bulb
for my flashlight here.

As an aside, I find that this tiny kit makes a good place for me to store
the protective caps from the tips of my trekking poles so they don't get
lost.

Wandering Bob