[pct-l] Re: Southbound from Stevens Pass to Snoqualmie Pass

>> Many had also decided to do the road walk past Cole's Corner
>> and Lake Wenatchee State Park instead of the first section of the PCT detour
>> around Glacier Peak.
>
> Many? now, this is weird. These people have been hiking in the backcountry for
> months and now they take a road. Maybe it's a psychological thing, they may
> have set their minds in finishing the trail and see the ups and downs of the
> official detour as a burden but at the end that's what they've been doing all
> this time. They're missing some beautiful areas but then they've probably seen
> so many already.
>
> I don't mean to criticize anybody, I just wonder what's in their minds when
> they take that decision.
>
> Inaki

I can't speak for everyone, but Greaseman and Garlic Pot said they had
talked to Scott Williamson, who is trying to yo-yo this season. He took the
detour one way and the road walk the other and recommended the road walk.
They are following his advice.

Tom Griffin
Seattle