[pct-l] Portland, OR area - thru-hiker guest speaker request for high school class

Hello all,

I teach high school social studies in suburban Portland, including a senior-level course on natural resource management for environmental science students.  While covering recreation management later this month or in early Oct., I'd like to do a unit on the PCT including having a past thru-hiker come in as a guest speaker, show photos and gear, talk about experiences, etc.  If anyone in the area would be interested in hanging out for an hour or so with some pretty nice kids and sharing his/her experiences, please contact me at patrick_mcjunkin@reynolds.k12.or.us or patrickmcjunkin@yahoo.com.

Also, thanks to everyone who helped me out with my previous questions about plantar fasciitis, etc.  I ended up having a great 3 week section hike here in Oregon, learned A LOT, and can't wait to implement what I learned next time.

Thanks,

Patrick
Gresham, OR