[pct-l] Golite/GVP (was no-subject)

In a message dated 7/31/2004 8:04:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
steve_peterson@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Also, I'm curious how well the Starlite (or most other packs, for that
> matter)
> will handle 8 liters of water: Where do you put it? How balanced (fore/aft)
> is
> the pack when carrying the water? (Will those side pockets handle 2-liter
> soda
> bottles without them flopping around?)

Steve,

IMO, It's not likely you'll ever need to carry 8 liters of water on the PCT.
The most I ever carried was 6 on the 35 mile waterless stretch according to
the data book.  This included cooking and camping about half way.  I even gave
away a liter.  My system is 2 single liter plastic soda bottles, a 2 liter
platy type collasible bag and a temporary 2 liter plastic soda bottle.  The
singles went in the side pockets and the 2 liters in the pack.

Camel up.

Sly