[pct-l] Golite/GVP (was no-subject)

Ron, I'm aware of the Starlite and the review you cite.

While Judson's original post did not specify what he was going to use the pack
for, in my PCT hike I'm looking at potential maximum loads of 38-42 lbs, given
that at times I'll be carrying 8 liters of water and 5-7 days worth of food/fuel
in addition to a 10-lb base load. This would, as I understand it, be at the top
of or exceed the rating of the Starlite, and I'm unsure how comfortable the pack
would be if loaded that heavily.

Also, I'm curious how well the Starlite (or most other packs, for that matter)
will handle 8 liters of water: Where do you put it? How balanced (fore/aft) is
the pack when carrying the water? (Will those side pockets handle 2-liter soda
bottles without them flopping around?)

--Steve