[pct-l] Bear Canister $$

On my recent section hike (from Campo to Yosemite Valley) I stopped in Lone
Pine to purchase/rent a caniister, after shopping around I figured buying was
the best option. One vendor suggested to me that I make my purchase at the
Whitney Portal Store. His price $70.00 + tax WPS price $50.00 for the same exact
can. Rentals varied from $2.00 per day to $3.00 I met a SB Scout group who
rented 13 cans for $5.00 ea. from the Ranger Sta. in Yosemite for their entire
hike. BTW I hitched up to WP and purchased my canister there. I also own a Kelty
Cloud 60 pack that is made of Spectra has over 5K miles on it and just lately
I noticed one seam coming loose and a tiny hole in its upper parts. The
material is super strong but super expensive. EZ---"from sea to shing sea"