[pct-l] Help. Southern CA December hiking.

My Girl Scout backpacking and hiking group is doing the Southern section
(finally) starting in November.  We have checked all areas, talked with camp
hosts, rangers, etc. and planned our water caches (which we will drop for our
needs).  We will not be doing any thru-hiking because of school for the girls,
however we will do segments.  As we near each of our departure dates we will be
verifying weather, accessibility, etc. and if not feasible, we have contingency
backups for doing warmer segments.  We feel that the Southern section is
doable, but be open to alter your plans if the weather conditions don't work for
you.  If they get a good snow, Mt. Laguna area may be snowy.  There are alot of
people on this email system with GREAT knowledge about this area (I will be
picking brains as it gets closer for us).  Good luck.

Donna Smith
Girl Scout Troop 3000
Backpack Advisor