[pct-l] Whitney Portal to Horseshoe

actually, it's more like 7,000'- no, thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
leo-spencer@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 7:29 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Whitney Portal to Horseshoe

Riding a biike up the grade to Horseshoe?  Wow, that seems like a Tour De
France worthy bike ride.  Isn't that like a 3-4K ft elevation change with
grades up to 8-10%,  over 15 miles or so? And you did it with your pack! Wow
again!  While I do bike ride, I think hitching is probably the easier
choice.  I can stand out on the road with my Horsehoe Meadows sign while
waving $20.00 bills until some hiker person with a vehicle takes pity.
Leo.