[pct-l] Whitney Portal to Horseshoe

Riding a biike up the grade to Horseshoe?  Wow, that seems like a Tour De France worthy bike ride.  Isn't that like a 3-4K ft elevation change with grades up to 8-10%,  over 15 miles or so? And you did it with your pack! Wow again!  While I do bike ride, I think hitching is probably the easier choice.  I can stand out on the road with my Horsehoe Meadows sign while waving $20.00 bills until some hiker person with a vehicle takes pity.
Leo.  From richardhare at pocketmail.com  Thu Jul 22 08:39:31 2004
From: richardhare at pocketmail.com (Richard Hare)
Date: Thu Jul 22 09:48:37 2004
Subject: [pct-l] Plea for Techno help

Hi,
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but
I'm wondering  if by chance there's anyone on the list in the Ashland/Oregon area who could help me out with a problem I have with my palm pilot?
I have several documents I need for the trail which I can't get at because the 'Desktop Togo' software has become corrupted .  I need to reload this software (it's just the standard edition which came with the palm) from a computer with the palm conduit installed, I have a USB sync cable with me.  I can't believe this has happened as I backed it up and restored it from a card several times without a problem before I left home!
I'd be very grateful if someone could help, or even knows of a computer repair shop near the trail which specializes in Palm Pilots.  I leave Seiad Valley tomorrow (23rd) hope to get to Ashland by Sunday (25th).  Please respond offlist, as I am currently not receiving list mail.
Many thanks

Rik
AKA Lord Tea

--

richardhare@pocketmail.com
www.trailjournals.com/rik

To make my downloads quicker, please send plain text only, no HTML, no attachments and don't quote original messages and threads.
Thank you so much!
Y'all have a nice day!

 Local access to Pocketmail mobile
email now available in Europe, North