[pct-l] Scary bear story & not hanging food

Hi Dude,

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, dude wrote:

> take it far enough, you can also get killed AND teach bears that people
> are push-overs, which is the real problem isn't it?  If bears were
> still scared of people (with guns), then they wouldn't be a problem.

Carrying gun and ammo is heavier than bringing a bear can. But why carry
the stuff yourself? Everybody should have a tank when venturing into the
backcountry! Much more comfortable than hiking - and a real sport, if you
use one of the pre WWII models. And believe it or not: I havn't heard of a
single incident where a bear made it into a tank and got the food - as
long as the tank was properly secured.

Take care,

Ilja.