[pct-l] Scary bear story & not hanging food

In a message dated 7/20/2004 4:33:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bighummel@aol.com writes:

> As much
> as I have fought and resisted bear canisters I now have to admit that they
> are, for the time being, the best solution to the problem.

I should add, it seems to me that these particular thru-hikers are a little
late getting through the High Sierra.  I would think "activity" has increased
to a point were I'd even consider using a canister.

Sly