[pct-l] Scary bear story & not hanging food

In a message dated 7/20/2004 4:33:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bighummel@aol.com writes:

> This is the exact thing that Tom used to say would lead to increased bear
> incidents of crashing tents and attacking sleeping hikers in the night.

Hold on Greg, no one's tent was crashed and no hikers were attacked either.

In this case, the bears may have been negatively re-enforced NOT to mess with
a thru-hikers food.   The fact that they didn't get any food either, is a big
plus.

I think the girls handled the experience well.

Sly