[pct-l] MT Hood and North - LOCAL????

I  believe you are referring to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, OR.

There is a trail that goes up from near Timberline Lodge, but you sort of
can just see where to go. Most folks hike Mt. Hood in spring and not summer
because there is mainly talus and it is said to be dangerous. Never climbed
it, but it is very steep at the top. More of a technical climb that a simple
walk up the mountain. You might prefer Mt. Adams in Washington which is just
a hike.

Weather? You could have it absolutely perfect - warm, sunny, clear, etc. Or,
you could have a week of rain and some snow. You may have both. The 15
degree bag may do, but hope you have some extra clothing in case it doesn't.
Be ready for rain and wind.

Except for Cascade Locks, you will not find too many supplies on route. At
Snoqualmie, there is a motel, restaurant, and small convenience stores. Not
sure of any public transportation any more. From Timberline, if you can get
to Sandy by hitching, there are busses to Portland.

The scenery is fabulous. Enjoy.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@comcast.net