[pct-l] plantar fasciitis experiences

Patrick, I must agree with Joe Percival with regards to properly made custom orthotics. After visiting with my family physician and getting no where fast I went to see a podiatrist who fit me with the orthotics for my feet. I was suffering with plantar fasciitis for a couple of years, popping ibuprofen on a regular basis. It made the pain go away for a short while thus allowing me to hike merrily along. Unfortunately I was doing more damage to my feet following this regieme.After wearing the orthotics for a few months my feet started to heal, no pun intended. I now wear the orthotics religously. They allowed me to be able to hike 20 mile days on the PCT with no discomfort at all.If your like many hikers you will still hike on even with this condition, the distance you cover will depend on how much pain you can endure.Hope this helps you out and have a great hike.