[pct-l] plantar fasciitis experiences

In my opinion, stretching is the single most important
treatment for this.  I too injured my plantar fascia
just prior to my thru hike.  Even after ten days or so
of rest, it was still stiff as I wandered around the
2002 ADZOCTKO.  A physical therapist (also thru hiker)
Sue Rowe, noted my trouble and showed me the proper
way to stretch it - trail magic!  I had no trouble on
the entire thru hike.

Sit on the ground with leg(s) outstretched in front of
you.  Wrap a towel (or jacket or whatever) around the
ball of the foot and pull back gently for 30 seconds.
Do each foot in turn, two or three times per day.

Notes:

Stretch when your body is already warmed up.

Stretch gently.

Stretching is for long term benefit, not immediate.
Keep doing it.

All the best.  Lary H

--- Patrick McJunkin <patrickmcjunkin@yahoo.com>