From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Patrick McJunkin
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 1:53 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] plantar fasciitis experiences

Hello all,

In stepping up conditioning for an upcoming Ashland - Mt. Hood PCT hike,
I've managed to moderately aggravate my plantar fasciitis from two years
ago.  A couple of days of rest, stretching, and ice have helped, but of
course I'm thinking ahead for the possibility it may get really aggravated
on the trail.

Anyone have any experiences to share regarding toughing out a long trip
w/this condition, methods used, etc?  I obviously don't want to give up on
months of planning, dehydrating, training, dreaming, and so forth over this.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick
Gresham, OR

By the way, thanks to all who responded with stove gas mailing tips - I sent
off my canisters parcel post yesterday, fingers crossed.