[pct-l] Helter Sh-k-elter

All great responses.
I nearly always backpack with my wife. I recently purchased a Wanderlust
2-4-2.
http://www.wanderlustgear.com
Which is a two person tent. They also make 1 person version. 1 lb. 15 and 1
lb. 11 respectively. Both rely on your trekking poles. Positives and
negatives for the 2-4-2? It's lite, breezy, sorta roomy (although some of
the floor space is gobbled up by two low wall. And I like a door to one
side, when sitting-up. You do end up with one pole in the middle of the
floor, however (or off to one side, if your only fitting one person in it).
And there's the wait...the BIG wait...and unlike the web site suggests, its
near impossible to get a hold of this guy. No answering machine. He says 3-4
months, but count on 6 months turn-around. Easily. For the money, I wish the
seams were finished. Just raw edges where the mosquito netting meets the
sidewalls, as well as the the sidewall/floor seam.

If you don't mind the weight...I fell in love with a tent, that wasn't
mentioned, that was displayed at the ADZPCTKO.  The TR-2 and TR-1. 3lbs 8
oz., and 2.35 lbs, packaged weight including stakes. by Terry Thompson. No
web site yet, but email him at talanththompson@cs.com or call 619.588.4307
(California) and he'll send you a brochure.  Dang nice design, well
constructed, fine attention to details. Uses trekking poles on this side
entrance tent (but thoughtfully out-of-the-way). 2 Vestibules on the
two-man, one on the 1-man. Don't know how steamy it can get though. $375 and
$325 plus tax and shipping. The brochure doesn't do it justice. Maybe ask
for some digital pics.

-Ken M.