[pct-l] Scout Merit Badge Hikes

Several concerned hikers have issued warnings about over-doing with
young scouts.
Thanks for the candid replies -- First-hand Experience is greatly
appreciated!

I guess I should have given more info on our pre-conditioning.

We are doing a series (5-7) of 10-mile hikes near Corvallis with hills
500-1000' about every other weekend. Maybe North-side Mary's Peak with
2300' in 5.5 miles prior to any long trips. These boys are just
finishing the Cycling MB with 10, 15, 25 and 50 mile rides, so they are
in fair physical shape.

I'll definitely watch their endurance levels -- I do want to encourage
their enjoyment, not squelch their spirits. And boot fit/foot care will
be stressed. It is definitely something to work up to over the Summer
and Fall.

My hope was a downhill section of the PCT or along a river for the long
day hike.

Any recommendations on hikes?

Warmest regards,
Russ Logerwell